Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2015, 01:11 AM
Level 0 - Pick up the sticks!

Tony Trout is on a distinguished road

Cool New Member From North Carolina!!

Hey, everybody!!

I'm a new member here and I just joined a little bit ago. I've been playing music, in general for a little bit more than twenty-five years and the drums were the very first thing I started wanting to learn how to play. Our church had a small four-piece Ludwig drum set in blue swirl and you could easily tell that the set was from the 1970s just by looking at it. However, that didn't stop me from wanting to learn how to play them so the guy who was the drummer at the time taught me about staying in tempo and how to work around the kit. BTW, I should probably mention that I'm thirty-nine years old and I'm afflicted with Cerebral Palsy and Hydrocephalus and have been since birth.

The person who really made me want to be a great drummer was (and still is!) Elvis Presley's former drummer and Neil Diamond's current drummer, Ronnie Tutt. As a matter of fact, I have a couple of cool friends who have re-created the blue sparkle double-kick drum set (with 6"/8"10"/12" concert toms) and I'm hoping that my financial situation will allow me to do that very same thing in a couple of years.

I've always wanted and dreamed of owning a replica kit like Ronnie had from around September, 1970 - August 20, 1974 when he switched to the larger Ludwig kit. The one thing that I have been trying to find is a picture of the Vista-Lites that Ronnie used for only a couple of shows with Elvis and then he was told to get rid of them by Elvis.

I'm happy to be here and I'm so glad that you accepted my registration for the forums! I excitedly look forward to being a member here!

Here's a couple of pictures of my two friends blue sparkle Ludwig's like Ronnie used! I hope you like them! I hope to be the owner of the same kind of set in a couple of years after I get a big debt paid off:

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links