Warning: Illegal string offset 'rows' in [path]/geek/gars/mods/display/attachments.php on line 15

Warning: Illegal string offset 'container' in [path]/geek/gars/mods/display/attachments.php on line 22
Sonor Mini Boom Stands - Drum Hardware
drums drum set drummer

Drums resource and community for the online drummer
  The time is now 10:05 PM GMT -4.  
Search Drum Set Connect:

Site Features
Drum Forum
Drum Lessons
Drum Reviews
Drum Kit Photos
Shop
Drum T-Shirts
Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Reviews > Drum Hardware

Review Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sonor Mini Boom Stands
Sonor Mini Boom Stands
Published by AvengedDrummer
08-01-2006
Sonor Mini Boom Stands

Many people swear by a certain brand of hardware. There are certainly many brands to choose from. DW, Pearl, Dixon, Gibraltar... But If you want a solid stand at a cheap price, this is it.

PROS:
The Price: This stand sells for $39.99. Musiciansfriend.com also sometimes gives you one when you purchase a cymbal. Very convienent if just have enough for the cymbal.

The Mini Boom: If you dont have alot of room on your kit to have a full size boom arm, then this works perfectly. it can fit into those tight places around the kit.

Stability: This stand is double braced, and when the legs are fully extended, almost nothing can knock this thing over! Also, it uses some pretty big tubing that adds to the stability.

CONS:
Weight: All the big tubing and double bracing comes at a price. This is one of the heavier stands I've used. Gigging musicians might not like it for this reason.

Memory Locks: While this is good for most stands, I find the ones on this stand are hard to line up most of the time.

Basic: This is just a basic stand. Nothing fancy about it. (Although that may be a pro in someones book)

I think this stand is perfect for the at home hobbyist sorta person. The gigging musician most likely wont like the weight, but then again might appreciate it for its stability. I found it to be a good deal, and a solid stand.

List Price: $69.99

Musician's Friend

Sonor Mini Boom Stand - $39.99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 227589.jpg (4.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0689.jpg (9.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0691.jpg (11.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0692.jpg (12.3 KB, 0 views)

Review Tools