Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

Jer is on a distinguished road

Smile Hello from Greece!

Hey there!
New guy here, found out the forum just a few days ago, seems really nice! I believe I' m the only Greek here......?

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

deanc54 is on a distinguished road

Re: Hello from Greece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Hey there!
New guy here, found out the forum just a few days ago, seems really nice! I believe I' m the only Greek here......?
Greetings Jer!

Let me be the first to welcome to the forum! I have been participating in this fine forum since March 2010, and I will have to say that you are the first Grecian I have encountered. You are correct,..it is really nice. I have made alot of new friends here and continue to learn something new from the learned masters on this site each day. Why don't you tell us all abit more about yourself, what your drumming skills are, describe the set you currently play and what your drumming aspirations are? (I confess I envy you living in Greece,..I have always wanted to visit. Such history and beauty where you are!)

Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Level 18 - Triple Paradiddle

xxvenom13xx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xxvenom13xx Send a message via Skype™ to xxvenom13xx

Hey there(:

I think you're the only Greek I have seen on here!
Greece is so pretty!
Love the Mediterranean(:
So what about your drums and style, dude?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc54 View Post
Greetings Jer!

Let me be the first to welcome to the forum! I have been participating in this fine forum since March 2010, and I will have to say that you are the first Grecian I have encountered. You are correct,..it is really nice. I have made alot of new friends here and continue to learn something new from the learned masters on this site each day. Why don't you tell us all abit more about yourself, what your drumming skills are, describe the set you currently play and what your drumming aspirations are? (I confess I envy you living in Greece,..I have always wanted to visit. Such history and beauty where you are!)

Well you shouldn't be envy cause not everything here is peachy. The weather is extremely hot during this summer and as a country we are bankrupt , but there are many beautiful sights to see I suppose.
Now guys thank you for your welcome and since you ask let me tell you a bit more about my self, considering music.
I play the drums for about 4 years now, 1 year with private lessons and the rest as self-taught, with books, dvds and occasional meetings with my teacher, my mentor as I like to call him. He had such great influence not only in my drumming style but in my life too, that we ended up becoming friends. He has a studio were he still lets me play for free with my bands, and generally has helped me with many stuff, so I am really grateful to him.
I am currently in 3 bands, plus a session member in a forth acoustic one. The first band is an alternative rock one, second is a more modern rock/metal and a jazzy one. So trying to cover as much genres as possible
Now, for my drum kit, I have ordered a Gabriel and currently waiting to come... I don't know if you guys know this brand, but Gabriel (it's the name of the person who makes the drums) is very famous for his handmade custom drums, even throughout Europe or so. Of course I can't afford a custom set so I bought from his cheaper series a maple kit. Think of it like a medium category drum set, kinda like a Catalina Gretch kit.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Level 23 - Flamacue

butter is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, D00d. I personally have never heard of Gabriel kits, but everytime somebody comes on the forum who is foreign (to me ), they have a drum set of a brand that is knew to me. Maybe someday my band shall become famous and we shall embark on a world tour on which I will be able to experience many new drums unheard of to me. I hope so.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here and do much posting.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter View Post
Welcome to the forum, D00d. I personally have never heard of Gabriel kits, but everytime somebody comes on the forum who is foreign (to me ), they have a drum set of a brand that is knew to me. Maybe someday my band shall become famous and we shall embark on a world tour on which I will be able to experience many new drums unheard of to me. I hope so.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here and do much posting.

Well, almost every country has its production in musical instruments, some are famous (like Turkey with their handmade cymbals), some are not so much. I believe Gabriel is a well-known name in the overall drum community, as I have run across ads even in modern drummer magazines and such.