Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Drumsticks, Drum Heads, and Hardware

Old 05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

deanc54 is on a distinguished road

Re: Best Shoes for Drumming

Hey Pinkon!

No worries, I'm just old and not real 'hip' sometimes. The 'footstop' on my Iron Cobra comes off if need be. I like it though because it keeps my shoe (or foot) from getting up into the chain, and lets me know where exactly my foot is on the pedal. I'll have to check out the 'Etnies'. Drummers simply must have cool footwear! When you're as old as me, cool is pretty hard to acheive. Any advice on how to be consistently cool if one is approaching sixty?

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

Pinkon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pinkon

I agree with you about having cool shoes for drumming (We also have to look good, just kidding). I think your coolness doesn´t go down with the years; it is pretty cool that you play drums and be interested in drums; I think the type of the shoe also depend on the technique you use for bass drumming (heel down, heel up, etc.) You should also check out DC shoes, those are my favourite shoes (I skated before I started playing drums). Have a nice day and happy drumming

Old 05-03-2010, 04:27 PM

Hey Pinkon,

You made my day! Thanks for the kind 'cool' words. They are very much appreciated. I suppose if guys like Mick Jagger and the other sixties rockers still rockin can sustain the cool, so can I.
Myself, I'm a heel up kind of guy, and the Vans I have work pretty well using this style. I will look into the DC shoes. Thanks for the tip!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

stonesour2112 is on a distinguished road

I have been using the same pair of Adidas Sambas and they are so amazing for drumming. They are comfortable, light, and flexible which I love. I probably will never drum in any other shoes again these shoes are just perfect for me, you should definitely try them out.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Hey Stonesour2112!

Thanks for the input! Addidas are great shoes, I wore their trainers for years but I am unfamiliar with the Sambas. I will have to check them out. By the way, outstanding Neil Peart quote, and I'm a big Metallica fan too! Have you seen their concert video where they're rockin with the symphony orchestra? Awesome! Check it out if you haven't already.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Yea I love that dvd, i actually seen them last November at Madison Square Garden it was amazing =)

Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Hey Stone!

You are fortunate indeed to have seen Metallica live. I have been fortunate in my time to see a lot of good concerts, but unfortunately, I live in an area that is pretty far from any real good concert venues. The closest is Salt Lake City, UT or Boise, ID. In my younger days, We would ditch work and all other plans to get to a concert. That's pretty hard these days with all the responsibilities being a productive member of society brings...wait I second..maybe I should retract the productive part. I will still travel quite a way to see a good concert. Amazing what tickets cost nowadays though.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:30 PM

Yea tickets are such a rip off these days, thats why I have cut back on a lot of concerts.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Level 18 - Triple Paradiddle

Gus is on a distinguished road

I get into shows for free, though I do carry my weight! I was hanging out in the parking lot with Mastodon's drummer and a friend of his, I remarked (after seeing his shoes were basically the same, black and White checkered Vans) that I felt like a poser. Then He pointed out That his friend also had checkered (though in grey) Vans. Though mine came from Argentina!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 AM

Hey Gus!
Thanks for the info. I have the checkered Van's, but they are black shiny checkers on black dull checkers. Last Saturday night I played in them at a gig for seven hours. They were great! I believe have found the ideal drumming shoes.