Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Play the Drums - Drum Talk

Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 AM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

Re: Drummers Health

It is my understanding that Buddy Rich was a heavy smoker, which would explain his heart trouble. Karen Carpenter suffered heart failure as a result of anorexia.

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

Andy B is on a distinguished road

"Sometimes it seems unfair that people like that have to die - Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Bud Powell. I don't want to believe this, but I have experienced it myself too, that drummers always suffer from heart attacks. I know a lot of my friends have died from heart attacks, and I had one myself too, when I was 49. I didn't die, thank God, but lots of my friends did, a lot of drummers - Early Mbuza, Phaks Joya, Steve McCall who played with Air, Dewey Redman's drummer died of a heart attack on the bandstand, Stu Martin, John Stevens."

Louis Moholo Interview; Freedom of the City Festival

"Died: January 28, Orange Park, FL, age 56 (heart attack) ... Martin was already an in-demand Nashville session drummer"

Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, drummer for the band "Avenged Sevenfold", was found dead in his home in Huntington Beach, California, on December 28th. He was 28 years old. Heart attack

drummer Rick Tacey

Joe Morello.....

Mitch Mitchel.....just a few....I think if you smoke that would put you into a higher category

Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Tainojim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tainojim

When it comes to curing tobacco leaves by the big manufacturers of cigarettes, they speed up the drying process by using mineral spirits to process them faster. Besides all of the other crap they put into it.

Tobacco wasn't meant to be taken like these craved smokers do. It was meant for offerings to the Creator by the indigenous people. Then the Brit's came here and made it into an industrial crop. Philip Morris, Reynolds and the rest of them should be compensating all the loved one that suffer due to their loss.

I'm not condoning that smoking is right. It's about taking responsibility for your actions.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Unhappy Re: Drummers Health

Man its not just nations and countries Tanojin.....Dude its mans greed in general take for example the BP gulf thing! You guys have been pumping oil and waste fuel into that region in the sea for years it stinks were the oil containers dock and off load into the refineries all the waste is pumped into the ocean.Then Take Texaco they go and help the people in the rain forests of south America take the oil and crude give them a few trinkets and cancer in return as they have not only destroyed the natural habitation but there main water supply too! the rivers and Eco system. One of the biggest tobacco manufactures today is china national.....The whole world is corrupt!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:06 AM

I'm not going political on this subject, not on the forum. All the huge industries are raping the land and leaving the crap behind them as they move on to other locations around the world.

Weather it's British Petroleum, Shell, Mobil-Exxon, Sinclair, the tobacco industries and so on...
They all should be held responsible for their actions.

I know what an oil tanker stinks like. I worked at a power house and had to inspect them as they docked into port.

All industries wait until the equipment breaks down so they can save money on the maintenance. Then they cry havoc when the sh1t hits the fan.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM

yeah its terrible dude do you think there is a link other then smoking or natural that makes drummers die prematurely...like when you sit down a lot u get blood clots on long hall flights and because your being restricted when playing and the heart is over working because of the anaerobic and aerobic energy used to play....and fuel the arms and legs this must put a great strain on the heart....

Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Not many Japanese drummers die of heart failure could this be as a result of there low fat diet as apposed to say western culture with hi fat saturated.....diets maybe drummers need to have healthier diets like athletes...

Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 PM

The cattle and poultry here are injected with growth hormones so as to produce more meat.

These hormones end up in our super market shelves. It's in the dairy products also.

Which causes obesity. Today the government calls obesity a disease. Without a disease, the Pharmaceutical industry can't produce a drug for it.

Another conspiracy agenda comes into play. It's all about the world money market and the body count.

Kind of the old Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start The Fire".

This process also creates more fatty tissue in the blood. So we don't have to be fat, even slim people die from this.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM

Yo!Tanojin man i'm on your side on this man! lets start the food revolution too...man.
Lets Get back to basics .....sometimes its good not to think too much it will send ya crazy.....at least with drumming we are free man they haven't polluted that yet....not yet anyway. Stay cool

Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 PM

It's Tainojim, not tainojin. I stopped drinking along time ago.

And some drummers cause noise pollution.