I'm going to have a shot at organising this.
Welcome to the new Youth Battle thread! Drummers who are under the age of 16 can participate in drum battles in a tournament style setting, to see who is master of the set. Now for the rules.
1. Participants must be under 16.
2. Please do not lie about age or years of experience. Blatant cheating will be disqualified.
3.Players must register in this thread with their name, age, years of experience, strong styles, weaker styles, recommended recording equipment and preference for the style of the battle.
4. Your video must be submitted within a week of a challenge being acknowledged. Remember, only drum solos, no songs/backing tracks allowed! However, a metronome may be used.
5. Unless there is a point you think which may have not been mentioned and\or the post is of significant importance, don't post in this thread unnecessarily. It clutters it and we get enough spam from the advertisers, we don't need loyal members doing the same(no names mentioned in spite or 'venom'
6. If there are any problems with a challenge, personally message me so we can attempt to find a resolution before cancelling a battle.
I will be asking the moderators to remove any posts which are unnecessary or spammy. You have been warned.
1. How do i register?
You register in this thread by posting the info displayed in the rules.
2. How does this work?
The drum battles will be in an elimination style setting, working up to a final and playoffs, but if any changes are made, i will notify participants as soon as possible.
3. What time will the battles be?
There is no set time for the battles, however, you must record your solo within a week, or it is deemed as a forfeit.
4. I have a problem.
If you have a problem, check for a solution in this thread before posting or Personally messaging me, it helps to reduce clutter and ensures a smoother running of the tournament. If your problem is urgent and you need to discuss your battle, then you can personally message me right away.
The tournament will be judged by 4 independent users (including myself) who will each give a score out of 10 into my personal inbox, with a few comments. I will then tot up the scores, and post the results for all to see.
Remember to have fun guys!