Bucket drumming is where you drum on 5 gallon plastic buckets. It is a form of busking that is only profitable when around lots of people, for example subways, or markets in big cities. Larry wright is a credited street drummer who uses 5 gallon plastic buckets, who busks in New York city subways.
1. Find some 5 gallon plastic buckets. You can find them at a local hardware store, fairly inexpensive. For starters you'll only need 2. One to sit on and one to play.
2. Practice your drumming. Practice different styles of music, for example Latin, hip hop, rock, jazz, to develop different rhythms and grooves, so your drumming doesn't all sound the same.
3. Once you have gotten used to the buckets, take them out in public, find a busy place, set up your buckets and start groovin.
* Don't forget to set up a bucket so people can put money in, because if they like what you're doing they'll throw some money in.
* You can get 3 basic sounds on a bucket. The rim, the surface, and if you lift up the bucket with your foot, and hit it in the center while lifted, it makes a lower, more bass-drummy sound.
* Once you're attuned to your bucket, incorporate more buckets, or even other sounds if you want.
* This can be very physically enduring. It's not like a regular drum kit, where you get bounce from the heads. When you play on the rims, there is no bounce, so be prepared to sweat, and feel the burn.
Things You'll Need
* Thick Sticks
For more videos and music come check us out @ BucketBeats.com | Your Source For Bucket Drumming,Music, and Entertainment...