Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Drumsticks, Drum Heads, and Hardware

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

hippy chip is on a distinguished road

double bass pedals

I am wanting to upgrade my kick pedal, and I figured I might as well go with a double instead of buying twice. I recently upgraded my hi hat, and went with a pdp hh820 2-legger with the same idea in mind. Most of my hardware has already been changed out to pacific, and I am pleased with all of it so far! There are not many choices in my price range with the features I want---full baseplates on both pedals, double chain drive, and offset cams---pdp 502 is the only new pedal I have found so far! I am not a pro drummer, and don't want to spend a bunch of money!! I am also unsure about buying used and inheriting someone else's problems! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Level 13 - Thirteen Stroke Roll

slingerland59 is on a distinguished road

Re: double bass pedals

I'd buy used. It's not like buying a car. Drummers either trade up and need to get rid of the old gear, or they run short of cash and try and sell whatever they can do without. And sometimes we buy something and realize later it's not quite what we wanted. So I wouldn't worry that the used pedal is defective. Just try it out before you hand over the cash. You can't go wrong with almost any pedal because it's going to take you months to become proficient with it. If it's not the fastest thing on the market then it'll make you work harder and when you can afford the best, you'll have stronger muscles!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Level 18 - Triple Paradiddle

Gus is on a distinguished road

agreed, though I have nothing against used cars.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 PM

I have been trying out new and used pedals for months, and last weekend I picked up a brand new Pearl P902 Powershifter on sale for a great price---set it up on the bench in about 10 minutes, and I am very impressed with how solid it is, and how hard it hits! I recommend this for anyone looking to get their first double pedal

Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

Andy B is on a distinguished road

iron cobra simple

Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 AM

I looked at, and tested several used Iron cobra pedals, as well as anything else I could get my feet on and they all had squeaks, creaks, rust, and rattles---I finally decided not to deal with someone else's headaches and bought the new pearls! They are solidly built, smooth as butter, and much faster than any of the used ones I tried

Old 12-26-2014, 01:16 PM

I've been playing the Pearls for a year and a half now, and I love them so much that I bought the single version for my practice kit! Last month I had a guest drummer who brought his Iron Cobras, and when he played my Pearls he never set them up!

Old 12-30-2014, 02:30 AM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

Lol, nuff said there! I owned an Iron Cobra and I tinkered with it for a very long time trying to get them right and I gave up and sold it. Best thing I ever did.