Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

Mordecai is on a distinguished road

Red face Drummerguy

Hi all, this is my first attempt to connect with other drummers! I've been drumming for 14 years now in a whole bunch of musical settings but I've never met other drummers (for the most part) and I realized that, while I can play a lot of interesting music, I barely know anything about the culture of membranophonists. As a casual SSB (Super Smash Bros) player, I discovered a rich forum for the game online which has taught me a lot, and it was this forum that made me realize the potential in a drumming forum. So that's how I ended up here, and I'm hoping to develop an understanding for the finer nuances of drum tech (not so much performance wise, but rather the details of drum sticks, shells, heads, etc.).

I've been drumming along for 14 years now, ADHDing my way from rock to jazz to metal to orchestral to rudimental and back again. Despite this, the only drummer I am close with is my first drum teacher, who I rarely hear from these days.

I'm hoping to begin writing some studies for drum set, but I don't know how to make Finale 2010 set up a page akin to one of Joel Rothman's books (with each rhythm nicely separated on their own staves). Maybe someone here can help me with that. I'm also hoping to discuss thinking polyrhythmically, which I would write about now, however I'm tired.

Anyway, its good to be here, and I look forward to hearing from the community.

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

G-2 is on a distinguished road

Re: Drummerguy

Hi Mordecai, Good to have you here. I think you'll find a diverse group of folks here and I'm sure there is someone who will able to assist you with your 2010 set up page. I'm not that guy, but I'm sure one of the folks here can help you or point you in a direction where you might be able to get some help.

Welcome!