Drum Reviews
Drum Kit Photos
Drum T-Shirts
Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Link to us
Contact us
Find Drums

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Play the Drums - Drum Talk

Old 11-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Level 3 - Single Stroke Seven
Beholdthecoma is on a distinguished road

Alesis dm5 sound module help

I've been playing drums around 5 years now, gigging for around 3 and a half, I've gotten through a load of beginner kits and cymbals and I've finally settled on a mid range bundle of odery fluence drums and sabian xs20 cymbals. Love their sound, always been an acoustic drummer, but one problem I've always had with gigging, is the bass drum. It never cuts through, whether the sound guy just doesn't plain care for it or the other drummers just aren't hitting hard enough, I've always been worried that my footwork would go unnoticed as the other drummers have. So I bought an alesis dm5 module last night. Second hand, and it comes with a power cable. Obviously I need to buy a trigger, but I'm just wondering what else I'll need, what cables to connect to the trigger/pa, as I'm not a technology person, but I'm in the market to learn

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links