Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 06-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

ianh105 is on a distinguished road

Ian Hughes

Hi Everyone. My name is Ian Hughes, I teach drums at Rimmers Music School in Lancashire UK. I was a pro drummer doing pit drumming, house band work at Butlins and some work in show venues in Blackpool. I used to be a Music Teacher in secondary school but heted it. I also teach guitar

I like drummers such as Steve Gadd, Peter Erskine, Buddy Rich and Ian Paice. I don't own a kit but used to use premier drums ans paiste and ziljian cymbals when I was pro. I might be able to help player who are up and coming and I might write an article or two from time to time if I am not too busy. I am not sure how to post in this forum. I hope this ends up in the right place. PS Oh dear I just posted. I wanted this in introductions.... help

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

deanc54 is on a distinguished road

Re: Ian Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianh105 View Post
Hi Everyone. My name is Ian Hughes, I teach drums at Rimmers Music School in Lancashire UK. I was a pro drummer doing pit drumming, house band work at Butlins and some work in show venues in Blackpool. I used to be a Music Teacher in secondary school but heted it. I also teach guitar

I like drummers such as Steve Gadd, Peter Erskine, Buddy Rich and Ian Paice. I don't own a kit but used to use premier drums ans paiste and ziljian cymbals when I was pro. I might be able to help player who are up and coming and I might write an article or two from time to time if I am not too busy. I am not sure how to post in this forum. I hope this ends up in the right place. PS Oh dear I just posted. I wanted this in introductions.... help
Hey ianh105!

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have quite a drummimg and musical background, and will be a great asset to this site for those who would take advantage of your expertise. There are many beginner to advanced drummers roaming this site everyday (like myself) who need lots of advice from players such as you..in fact there is a young soul who just posted named michael13 that no doubt could use your help. He relates he has been drumming for a year, and is looking forward to learning all he can. Perhaps you could drop him a line.

Anyway, welcome to the site! Enjoy!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM

I will write an article from time to time. I don't play pro anymore, just teach. I do have lots of help and advice for up and coming players. Busy right now but I will get back to the forum in the week if I get time

Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 AM

Help for drummers just starting

Hi Everyone, I have just put up a Facebook page. There are some free help videos for drummers learning to play. I will be adding more. I am newish to making videos but I am sure young players just starting out will find them informative. Please like my page. HERE IS THE LINK

https://www.facebook.com/IansGuitarDrumLessons

Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

G-2 is on a distinguished road

Hi Ian, good to have you here! Welcome!

Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 AM

Hi Everyone, I have beewn posting some tutorial videos on Facebook. If you would like a topic covered, get in touch. Please like my page and videos that also appear on Youtube

https://www.facebook.com/IansGuitarDrumLessons