Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Drumsticks, Drum Heads, and Hardware

Old 12-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

hippy chip is on a distinguished road

drum mixer

I am setting up my drumkit for recording, and I need an 8-10 XLR input mixer with XLR output---I only need bass-mid-treble, and volume controls---anyone have ideas on a good passive mixer without all the extras that I don't need?

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 PM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

Re: drum mixer

I will leave this to Tainojim as he probably has the answer to this question. In the mean time I will ask a couple of my sound guys what they would recommend.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 PM

I found the mixer I need---ART (Applied Research & Technology) model MX821. It has 8 XLR (or line) inputs with volume and tone on each channel, as well as a DIP switch for selecting phantom power for each mic as needed. A single 1/4" line output is even better than XLR for my application. It also has an internal power supply (I hate wall-warts) so it uses a standard power cord. The best part is that it's less than 200 bucks!!

Last edited by hippy chip; 01-23-2014 at 07:27 PM..

Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 AM

I have my recording studio completely set up now---8-piece mic kit (kick, snare, 3 toms, 2 large diaphragm overheads, and a pencil condenser on the hats)---running through the ART mixer into my main board---from there I'm running through a Roland Cakewalk interface into my laptop running Sonar X3 software---I have my bass and guitar rigs, and 3 vocal mics running through the PA/interface as well, so I can record individual tracks, or record the entire band live!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

Have you had a chance to lay anything down yet?, if so how did the track sound?

Old 09-06-2014, 04:36 PM

I have done a few quick tests just to make sure everything works, but I need to do a little more sound treatment to my tiny studio before I can expect much I record my guitar tracks using headphones, and they sound pretty good, but the drums are LOUD, and the sound bounces around too much to get a good recording---I'm going to hang some heavy canvas behind the kit before I do any more testing

Old 09-06-2014, 06:15 PM

I have done a few quick tests just to make sure everything works, but I need to do a little more sound treatment to my tiny studio before I can expect much I record my guitar tracks using headphones, and they sound pretty good, but the drums are LOUD, and the sound bounces around too much to get a good recording---I'm going to hang some heavy canvas behind the kit before I do any more testing