Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Cymbals

Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

bandit is on a distinguished road

Stagg Ride

For those of you that have not tried stagg cymbals and are looking for unique sound should give them a try.I just picked up a 20 inch dh ride and love it.Being that they are hand made I tried a few of the same model before I found the sound I wanted no two sound the same so it will be your own sound

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Level 0 - Pick up the sticks!

crispy is on a distinguished road

Re: Stagg Ride

I have a few Stagg Ride cymbals:-

A 20" DH Jazz Ride - love it, sweet bell, good controllable wash (its a bit too heavy for my idea of a Jazz ride but good all the same), crashes really well, my favourite for low volume - can handle anything from low volume to (medium) loud0and for my requirements probably my most versatile ride I have.
A 21" DH Exo Extra Dry Ride - More of a rock ride to my ears with a monster bell, you can really lay into it - you'll only damage your sticks and hands, I like it but I would say its a bit dry - not extra - don't even think about crashing this one - 3,800 grams (nuclear explosion).
A 20" Stagg SH Brilliant Series Rock Ride - A good basic rock ride, strong bell, nice ping - nasty overwhelming crash (but I seldom crash rides anyway).
A 20" SH Medium Ride - A mistake, the bell sounds muffled, riding on it is uninspiring and crashing it makes me vomit in my mouth. Really, really unpleasant.

I bought all 4 online, used and unheard.

After buying the DH Jazz and the SH Rock and liking them I became complacent bought the DH Exo which I like but it seems like a rock ride to me, I should sell it or the SH Rock but can't make up my mind which one to sell as I like them both.
The SH medium made me realise the danger of buying cymbal without listening to them, I was probably lucky with the other 3 but this one makes up for it. But they were all silly cheap and I couldn't resist.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

bandit is on a distinguished road

Re: Stagg Ride

I tried 5 cymbals before I bought the dh eco ride I bought it for its loud bell and low wash perfect for old {Stax and Atlantic R&B} Note with stage I played 4 0r 5 different cymbals of the same model all sound different.I don't buy instruments on line I need to hear them. Every drummer has a sound in a cymbal that they want whether it is an old brass that looks terrible or a new metal mix that costs a fortune if It Sounds Good To You Buy IT [ a truthful over used phrase but so accurate}Good luck Crispy Old Ludwigs forever Bandit