Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Play the Drums - Drum Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Jinusean

Ear plugs

I've noticed that my ears ring a lot after playing and am looking for some hearing protection as I do not want to go deaf at the age of 25. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that will offer good protection but won't compromise hearing or getting a feel for the band. Thanks

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Premium Member

gyutae is on a distinguished road
I just use generic Max NRR 33dB earplugs when I'm practicing and I don't use ear plugs at all when I'm playing with a band. It's really hard for me to hear the monitor above my playing. What is the best drum head phones these days?

Old 06-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

DRUMMER111 is on a distinguished road
dude wear protection unless you wanna have titnitus ( ringing in your ears forever)

Old 06-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Beamerzz

Arrow

titnitus sounds like a disease for breasts not ears.. hah

anyway, i ordered vic firth isolation headphones the other day.. they reduce sound levels by 22 dB so that should protect your hearing pretty well..

im not a big fan of those squeeze and insert ear plugs.. sure they're cheap and they work but they get dirty easily and it feels like they'd get stuck in my ear hole... also theyre harder to use with headphones or earbuds when you want to play along to music

check it out

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Level 12 - Eleven Stroke Roll

slingerland is on a distinguished road

Re: Ear plugs

What you want is Ear Screws not Ear Plugs the Ear Screws last alot longer they don't fall out you can clean them they usually come with a string attached to them they cost about $2.00 more but they're worth it I use mine when I go shooting as well, I shoot a 30 caliber rifle it sounds like a cannon going off these things help alot. Try them SLINGERLAND

Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Level 23 - Flamacue

butter is on a distinguished road

i use those ear screws, too, but mine are under a different name.
they reduce sound more than muffle it, so you still get pretty good quality for what you do hear.
this thread is really old, but whatever.

hey slingerland, do you hunt? or just shoot?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM

Hey Butter how are things going I sent you a post the other day, anyway did you get what you expected? I don't think you really know what Las Vegas is like there is no hunting here they have dozens of shooting ranges or if you can find a spot in the desert where there's nobody around your in. My wife's family live in Northern Idaho and they send me Elk Meat, Sausage,
Pepperoni sticks all from Elk Las Vegas is all desert with the main industry being Gambling.
So the answer is just go shooting mainly pistols. let me hear from you. SLINGERLAND

Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

ChrisH is on a distinguished road

I use ultimate ears in ear monitors, if you want to save your hearing I would recommend the investment on in ear monitors. I have not used a wedge monitor in years. Get a body pack that will let you make volume adjustments. there are some very good products out there that are not as costly as molded inserts. Look around and see what would work for ya. It will pay for itself in no time. M-Audio with Ultimate Ears electronics are very good. The IE-30 is a dual driver, and I believe the IE-40 is a triple driver. The IE-30 runs around 250.00 bucks.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:59 PM

If you can afford that kind of money then it's worth it but alot of guys on this forum can't so they have to go a different route. But ear protection is very important i'm sure you will agree.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Level 23 - Flamacue

butter is on a distinguished road

Re: Which company or website can i use for my investment in forex?

hey slingerland, things are going great for me. i got a drumdial for christmas, which is all i really expected, so yes i did

how was your christmas? hope it was good.

ive been to las vegas, but i didnt think about the area when i asked you that
hunting is really fun, if you can ever get a tag theres some great hunts in the states that border yours.

Closed Thread