Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Lessons > Drummer Experiences

Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Level 13 - Thirteen Stroke Roll

full metal is on a distinguished road

Post Drumming Shoes

I have been playing for 18 years now and the one thing I have found in all of those years is that foot wear is just as important as picking out the right pair of sticks. So I am going to go in depth...

Last edited by Drum Set Connect; 08-02-2006 at 06:54 PM..

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
By Buddy on 01-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Re: Drumming Shoes

OK! this little converation went not exactly the way i thought it would.
By meahal19 on 05-17-2010, 04:49 PM

I have always been a barefoot drummer. I recently purchased some shoes from dB Drum Shoes, Belleville, IL, Enhance Your Drumming Experience and they have made a big difference. Extremely light, great traction and mesh material that breathes. I recommend to anyone looking for shoes specifically for drumming
By dizzy90405 on 06-23-2010, 03:59 PM

I honestly don't know why everyone thinks that drumming barefoot is the best except for the minor set back of sweating and slippage... I've been playing drums for 8 years now and i played in socks for 7 of those years. It's not till I got into a good band and and started playing in shoes that I started making huge strides with my playing ability. I felt like when I played in socks or barefoot, that I had hit a wall and couldnt get around it. My foot speed was alright, but it was nothing special. It wasn't till i started playing in a pair of new balance running shoes that my foot speed nearly doubled in speed and it was way more consistent with hits. If someone ever asked me whats the thing thats been most helpful in my drumming, I would have to say hands down the discovery of playing in shoes.

Also about your comment about running shoes not being bendable, I think thats a matter of opinion. The shoes that i use are more than flexable enough for my double bass and I feel like if I were to use a tennis shoe like you suggest( and it felt like i was playing in bare feet) I wouldnt like it. I like the feeling of weight on my feet.
By niels68 on 07-09-2010, 09:44 AM

But don't forget the matching belt.
By unclefester660 on 08-06-2010, 04:18 PM

I have tried a lot of shoes but two come to mind....there is the nike martial arts shoe and, even better, drum shoes by dB. The dB shoes are mesh, vented, and you can even wear them casually (a lot of "drum shoes" have very thin soles). Hope this helps. You can get them online at most stores.
Comment

Article Tools