Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Set Connect Administration > Feedback, Suggestions, and Troubleshooting

Old 07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Drum Set Connect has disabled reputation

Question Drumset Connect Feedback Survey

This is just a general survey of what you think about the Drumset Connect website. If would be great if you could fill out the below survey. Your feedback is much appreciated.

1. Is Drumset Connect a place where you feel comfortable sharing drumming ideas with other members?

2. How is the layout in terms of accessibility and ease of use?

3. How is the layout in terms of aesthetics and general looks?

4. Were you able to find what you were looking for at Drumset Connect?

5. Are there any features missing from Drumset Connect that you would like to see?

6. What other drum sites and communities do you frequently visit?

7. Any other comments or suggestions?

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

UPSTROKE is on a distinguished road
1. yes 2.great 3. great 4. so far 5. not yet 6. ghost note 7. oh yeah,
but just two:
1. Can you please get rid of the peddlers & junk dealers??
kuffour01
archiveltd
equityloan
They have no intention of contributing in any way to this website for DRUMMERS. All they want is money. If they are allowed to stay, MANY MORE WILL FOLLOW. They WILL take over this site if not stopped. Just please enforce the rules. They are of NO value to you or us.
2. Nice & easy--Can you fix the photo site?? I can't ever get it to work. Maybe the dummy (I'm playing the part of the dummy) just needs some tips on how to make it work.
Thank you.
Jack Janson E-MAIL gardenvalleyrr@msn.com

Old 04-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Level 9 - Seven Stroke Roll

mouse is on a distinguished road
1. Is Drumset Connect a place where you feel comfortable sharing drumming ideas with other members?

Sure,drummers are the best people in the world at sharing their ideas, no matter what level of proficiency.
Shame as in many other sites, there are a lot of onlookers, and also people who don't search or don't read previous topics and end up asking questions already asked.

2. How is the layout in terms of accessibility and ease of use?

Not bad, the advertising spoils it all, it could be cleaner in presentation.

3. How is the layout in terms of aesthetics and general looks?

Easy enough to read, colour o.k.

4. Were you able to find what you were looking for at Drumset Connect?

Yep, clear away the adverts an it will be great.

5. Are there any features missing from Drumset Connect that you would like to see?

None to mind. Perhaps a section where celebridy/ guest drummers can jopin in and contribute, answer questions, pep talk, etc.

6. What other drum sites and communities do you frequently visit?

Tiger Bill
Drummer cafe

Anton Fig
HiwayStar

7. Any other comments or suggestions?

These sites start off small, and if good, soon snowball. There is a heap of information gathered for right or wrong along the way. The mass of info can be confusing and the sites tend to get flooded with similar topics and discussion i.e how to tune drums. Perhaps an archive of related topics other than a search may be helpful to all. That is, as an example, an archive on bass drums, so all bass drum threads, topics, discussions go into that one archive. Anyone with a question can then read over previous info on bass drums before asking an unanswered question they may have.

There are a few drummers with nothing better to do but dream and want to compare things, polls and the like. That's fine but i don't think anything positive is gained from these apart from self satisfaction that a drummer may find 20 drummers coincidently use the same heads as him/herself, whatever .
To put brands against each other is not constructive as brands even have their own good products and bad. Why on earth would anyone want to know how many drummers on the site use 2B sticks??? Do all drummers wear the same colour underwear?

However, a discussion on the pros and cons of using such a stick or any other individual drum related product or item, IMO is more beneficial for the whole community than any number count.
Perhaps a standard and diplomatic reply could be developed and moderated to these posts to encourage and create productive input.

A spellchecker for some of our posters

Last edited by mouse; 04-28-2007 at 11:17 PM..

Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

STNDRUMS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to STNDRUMS

Survey says!! Drum Roll Please.

1. Yes, for the most part.

2. It all works very well. Minus nobody ever using the chat feature and spammers.

3. It's good.

4. Of course.

5. Nope.

6. None. All I need is right here.

7. Need to knock off the little quarrels between each other. We should be trying to help each other, and for the most part I see that.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM

skinslapper is on a distinguished road
1. Yes, for the most part. There are some people on board who use insult as opposed to critisism, but personally, their ignorance doesn't bugg me too much.

2. I find the pages take a long time to load. Longer than other forum pages. I don't know if this is due to my computer or the level of advertising, but again it doesn't get to me too much.

3. The look is very generic, which in some ways is good. Some sites add so much decorative junk, you don't know what you're clicking on. But, perhaps a few colour changes might be nice.

4. Essentially, I come here for opinion and comradery, so yeah, it doesn't take long to find that.

5. Perhaps a stand alone flash music player like the ones on myspace, that we could upload sounds to for easy idea sharing on the site.

6. None.

7. Perhaps the photo upload prosess could be streamlined a little. Some of the options you have to go through are unnecessary and seem to confuse some people.

Thanks boss.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Level 12 - Eleven Stroke Roll

shazaam is on a distinguished road
HolyDiver :O The new look is weird. Nice, but weird. Thought I was on teh wrong site, but I'm not...liki' it.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Drum Set Connect has disabled reputation

What do you think of Drumset Connect 3.0?

Thanks for all of the useful feedback. We're really striving to make this site into something useful for all drummers and any comments are really appreciated.

What do you all think of the new site redesign for Drum Set Connect 3.0? Any problems or suggestions?

Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Level 9 - Seven Stroke Roll

mouse is on a distinguished road
Sorry, it's b### aweful. Did you read comments from above post, most liked it as it was. Will there be an option to pick a choice of skin, i can't do this black.

Other sites i frequent have done these type of image updates, and as a result, lost heaps of members. Sorry to be so negative, you did ask.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

Thunderfoot is on a distinguished road

Re: Drumset Connect Feedback Survey

How do I change my drummer level on my profile or where-ever it is changeable?
THANKS

Bill

Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Level 3 - Single Stroke Seven

TerenceM is on a distinguished road

Re: Drumset Connect Feedback Survey

As a relative newb to to Drumset Connect I find this site very user friendly.
It has great features,forums and a host of really cool people who offer direct and expert advice.
The overall design of the site works very well, I have no problems with it at all.
The only negative I can offer is uploading pictures into the Gallery, but that is being sorted out, so it's an all-round 10/10 from me.

I belong to another drum related forum called OnlineDrummer. This is where I spend a lot of my time but I also enjoy this site just as much.
Thankyou Mr.Moderator