Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Set Connect Administration > Feedback, Suggestions, and Troubleshooting

Old 07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Drum Set Connect has disabled reputation

Contest Ideas?

We are planning on having frequent contests (a drum contest or sweepstakes running at all times). So give us some suggestions on what you'd like to see and what prizes you'd like to have!

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Level 3 - Single Stroke Seven

oldschool is on a distinguished road

Cool Re: Contest Ideas?

This may or may not be your cup of tea,but it was proposed to me not long ago. Ever thought about how well a drummer knows their kit? Or claims to know it? Well "ol'bigmouthmrknowitall" here, decided one very early morning before a show that i was going to give a brief lecture to my trusted techies about some things they could do differently, to make setting up my kit less painstaking while being somewhat efficient at the same time,thinking i'd done them a huge favor i then asked for some input,BIG mistake on my part. After i received some minor negative feedback i proceeded to explain how "i've set those dam things up so many times,i could do it blindfolded and then play'em". Boy did i ever open up an extra large can of whoopass this time,now i was being challenged which quickly turned into wage betting. So with one of them patiently watching me so i did'nt damage anything,i went to work on my setup,excluding audio hookups. Well 2-3hrs. later i had succeeded at what i said i would do,with a short solo included. Man i wowed'em so much i stopped and lifted my blindfold to see them rolling on the stage in tears from laughter,twas then i looked around me to see what looked like the drumset a 4yr.old had set up. UFFDA! My being full blood kraut. Thank god i did'nt take any wager's that day,but i did fair pretty well i thought in the photographic memory dept. as they were all in correct arrangement, just a little?....OK, alot out of position(my arms were'nt quite long enough)to play'em. So i guess even after 30+yrs. of bonding with them i still did'nt quite know'em. Give it a try all you "ol'bigmouthmrknowitall's" and see, but bare witness to it. It also makes for great discipline and patience for memory searching. Good Luck! Oldschool "Take upon only with what you can handle,then leave the rest to those most qualified"

Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 AM

Tainojim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tainojim

Re: Contest Ideas?

A female drum battle would be interesting, and along with the the prizes, include flowers for the ladies. Not the cheap flowers either. No hair pulling or scratching. Batteries not included.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM

Tainojim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tainojim

Re: Contest Ideas?

A female drum battle would be interesting, and along with the the prizes, include flowers for the ladies.
Not the cheap flowers either.
No hair pulling or scratching.
So lets give the lassies some recognition they deserve.