Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Level 12 - Eleven Stroke Roll

AvengedDrummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AvengedDrummer
Welcome to the forums benji01. I play bass myself. Although drums are my main instrument.

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Level 3 - Single Stroke Seven

Q Factor is on a distinguished road
Hey all,
I'm Q and I wanna learn how to play drums better. That's why I'm here. Hopefully we can have a nice community here.
Nice to meet you all.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Level 9 - Seven Stroke Roll

Davenhurst is on a distinguished road
Hi Q, and welcome. Always some interesting chat going on here, dive in!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

econwriter5 is on a distinguished road
Hello all,

I can see I'm probably the least experienced set player in this bunch, but that's okay. I've been struggling to find a place to learn from other drummers and read up on stuff, and this looks like a good one. I took up set a bit late in life, my junior year of college, as a class to fill some open hours. I've always been interested in percussion and fell in love with set after the first 10 minutes of class.

Since I graduated and moved back to Chicago two years ago, I joined the Shannon Rovers as a pipe snare drummer. Marching in bands, playing at weddings, birthdays and what not, plus every bar in Chicago during the month of March (especially St. Paddy's Day!) basically summs up my performing experience.

I'll tell ya, it's a bit odd spending 3-6 months of the year soley focused on pipe snare, and then going back to set. I feel like I'm continually starting all over, except my rudiments are a little bit better.

Anyway, I'm happy to be part of this forum and anxious to read more and see what's here so off I go...

Old 06-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Level 12 - Eleven Stroke Roll

AvengedDrummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AvengedDrummer
Welcome to the forum! Im sure youll learn alot from us.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Level 13 - Thirteen Stroke Roll

full metal is on a distinguished road
Hi every one Im full metal
Im sure a lot of you rember me from the old fourm.
Im 28 and i have been playing drums close to 18 years now.
I am in the navy so a real music job is preaty much out of the question for me now.
I have been in the navy for almost 10 years now and I am living in south east GA, I have lived over seas for most of the time.
I got to play with some great bands while I was living in japan and me and my wife might be going back there after this tour here ends.
we also have our first child on the way and its a boy, we are going to name him hayden and he is already keeping a beat inside so I can only hope he will be a great drummer.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Level 5 - Triple Stroke Roll

Drummer1919 is on a distinguished road
Im Tom I have been playing for about 2 1/2 years I think, I am in a band called the rivelry (yea its spelled wrong my bandmates are pretty dumb) im 14 and I play a ludwig accent that I have had for what seems like ever but hopefully someday I will have enough money to get the pdp I want I'll post a picture of it later.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

capitalist_junkie is on a distinguished road
Since I'm a newbie, I might as well do one . . . I'm a 22-year-old college grad with a degree in English and a love of experimenting with different types of musical instruments. I'm finally getting the opportunity to teach myself drums, which I'm loving. They're great instruments. I used to play clarinet, but my main instruments now are guitar and ukulele.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

yachay is on a distinguished road
Hola to everyone!

My name is Jeff and I've been a drummer for about 23 years (started when I was 11). I've played in a variety of bands over the years, most leaning towards progressive/experimental music like King Crimson and Tool, but also big band and jazz. Love old kits, esp Gretsch and Slingerland. I also play guitar and sing.

My current group is pretty different though - yachay (prn YAH-chai). We are a two piece. We both write and sing. The music is partly inspired by work we do in the Peruvian Amazon w/ a shaman who uses sound as a healing modality, but we're also inspired by all kinds of music. I play a custom 'drumkit' - have to post a picture of it sometime - but I play standing and it is a Peruvian drum that is very low and rumbling like a tom, next to it is a timbalito on a stand w/ an ice bell. Then I also play doumbek and have a table with a variety of shakers, maracas, cajon and tongue drum. I love sonic textures and will do things like play a metal bowl with water using fingers and moving it around to modulate the tone, or dip cymbals or shakers into (technique learned from watching Trilok Gurtu).

We've done a lot of promotion over the last 2 years - did a pretty successful college radio promotion w/ Evolution Promotion, radio interviews, mag reviews, etc.

If you'd like to hear the music go to www.yachaymusic.com. We're actually offering our latest album as a free digital download right now, so head on over to the site and check it out (direct link to download is http://www.magicality.net/Sweet_Moth...ther_Mercy.zip)

You can also hear streaming songs at myspace.com/yachaymusic

Happy to be part of an online drumming community!
Jeff

Old 07-02-2006, 09:59 PM

skinslapper is on a distinguished road
Hi, my name's Adam. I'm from Perth in Western Australia. Been playing for ten years. Mainly in garage bands. I'd like to be more dedicated to musicianship, but I like a steady income too much, so it'll have to remain a passionate hobby.

I love playing hard rock music. I have a pretty large drum kit but am on a tight budget so when I give you the run down please be gentle.

I play a 2000 wine red Pearl export kit with.
2x 22" bass drums with Remo powerstroke 3 skins, falam pad and no muffling.
12", 13", 14" rack toms (the 14 is a wine red tama rockstar, like I said I'm on a tight budget but I really wanted another floor tom and it fits in well.
16" floor tom all with Evans G2 clear skins (just bought 'em, sound great)
6", 8", 10" roto toms tuned high with Remo pinstripes for a cool tribal sound
14"x 6.5" Pearl free-floating brass snare with Evans G2 power dot skin.
Cymbals, all Paiste
12" 402 splash
14" Alpha power hi-hats
16" 802 crash
18" 802 crash/ride
20" Alpha power ride (big, grinding sound when crashed, I love it)
18" Alpha china (competes very highly with more expensive series) and
22" 2002 china (more balls than Chuck Norris)
Hardware
Dixon double bass pedal converted to 2 single with wooden beaters and tama high tensile springs
Assorted stands and one section of gibralter rack (soon to be replaced with a pearl dr80 rack with add on.
Ludwig high-hat clamp with drop clutch (I've taped half a stick to it so I can drop it with my stick while playing.
Pro-mark 747 rock sticks with nylon tip and wilson tennis grip tape ("drum stick grip" is such a rip off)
Influences
Danny Carey, John Dolmayan, Joey Jordison, Terry Bozzio, Brain Mantia, David Silvera, Igor Cavallera, etc, etc.

Currently playing with Punk/Metal outfit At Fault, you can check out some pics and dogdey recordings at www.myspace.com/atfault .

Ciao