Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Set Connect Administration > Feedback, Suggestions, and Troubleshooting

Old 12-18-2006, 04:40 PM

skinslapper is on a distinguished road

Angry Where the hell is everyone?

I'm getting a little annoyed that everyone who used to post on this site, incuding all other moderators, seem to have vanished off the face of the earth.

If you had ill will towards the last comp, then fair enough, but its been a long time since we've heard from fullmetal, avenged, gyutae, Davenhurst, Russ, etc.

Just curious as to why you all seem to have abandoned this site?

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Level 12 - Eleven Stroke Roll

AvengedDrummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AvengedDrummer
I got tired of all the griping about the contest and the major decline in posts....The other guys, well...I guess they felt cheated out of a set.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:43 PM

skinslapper is on a distinguished road
Well I can see your point. If you've had a good look around you'll see we've got a lot of new people since then who don't even know about the comp, so I think that's all pretty well done with now.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Level 9 - Seven Stroke Roll

Davenhurst is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinslapper
I'm getting a little annoyed that everyone who used to post on this site, incuding all other moderators, seem to have vanished off the face of the earth.

If you had ill will towards the last comp, then fair enough, but its been a long time since we've heard from fullmetal, avenged, gyutae, Davenhurst, Russ, etc.

Just curious as to why you all seem to have abandoned this site?
The competition thing stank a little, I guess in a way I left because people left because they didn't win the kit, if you get my drift. Also I got fed up of trying to explain my attitude towards drumming and feeling like I wasn't being listened to - trying to explain the inexplicable is hard at the best of times and I felt like I was bashing my head against a brick wall, my point was ultimately that I don't see myself as a "drummer", I'm not going to get into it again but it made me think this forum isn't really for me. We had some fun times though, eh? Remember that time we got trashed and ran around the place.... and what the hell was that on Joey's head?

Good times.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Level 7 - Five Stroke Roll

malletjazz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedDrummer
The other guys, well...I guess they felt cheated out of a set.
I don't know if I'm one of those "other guys," and I won't speak for anyone else, but I didn't stop participating here on account of losing the contest - hell, I've lost (or perhaps better put, "failed to win") more online giveaways and contests than I can remember, on a number of other forums, and I still participate at those sites on a regular basis.

In my case, I still stop by and glance at these boards about once a month, but I haven't seen any new threads that would prompt me to participate.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:02 PM

AvengedDrummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AvengedDrummer
Nah, by "Other Guys" I was just referring to the sore losers.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

Church Drummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Church Drummer
I haven't posted a lot lately because being a church musician I've been really busy with getting ready for Palm Sunday, Easter, mid-week lenten services etc, I expect to be more active again after Easter is over. Some of the infighting, was a little bit of a put off for me, but the majority of that seems to be over.

The contest thing never bothered me, I never paid that much attention to it. I never have any expectations of winning anything on-line anyway if by some miracle it happened then I would be pleasantly surprised.

Although I haven't posted much recently I have been doing some reading of others posts. There seem to be a lot of new people on the board (which is great) and it surprises me how many of them are playing for church services. It seems that religion is another hot topic that may be coming up. Although I myself am religious, and play for church services, I don't come here to to talk religion (although I may have questions about unique aspects of playing in that venue). I don't appreciate being insulted by people who don't believe the same way I do in a forum like this. Comments to the effect that because someone believes in God they must be on drugs, really aren't welcome. I don't come here trying to convert anyone who doesn't believe in God, so please don't openly criticize those of us who do for our beliefs. I think this is a subject that we probably want to stay away from in the genearal forums. I would suggest that since there are so many of us who play for religious services that setting up a forum to discuss the special chalenges of playing for religious services (not a place to discus religious beliefs). This is only a suggestion, and I know there may not be enough other interest to start a forum for that purpose. I certainly won't stop participating if it doesn't happen.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:52 PM

shazaam is on a distinguished road
Well I just found the site last week so yea, I=new. I seen the contest on the Pearl export too. I wish I coulda gotten in on it cause I've wanted that set for a long time, but it's to much $$$

Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Level 8 - Six Stroke Roll

givemethebeat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church Drummer View Post
Comments to the effect that because someone believes in God they must be on drugs, really aren't welcome.
I think that might have been something I said recently albeit in jest.

I have my own relationship with god and he got back me and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "son that was the funniest thing I have heard for a while. Most people who believe in me are stiff and lack flexibility and a sense of humor.

of course I was humbled......

Old 04-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

Church Drummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Church Drummer
Gimme, I can usually find humor in jokes leveled my way, or even in some leveled at my religion. I can often find humor in some of the things I hear coming out of the mouths of some church leaders. I guess I just found that particular comment more insulting than funny. I accept your explanation, that it was meant as a joke and there are no hard feelings on my part. Just an example of why we should probably avoid the topic of religion and religious beliefs. I sure that there are some on both sides of the spectrum that may find the comments unwelcome.