Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

Silver.sonneillon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Silver.sonneillon

Angry Snare Drum

Hey guys. I have a 4 year old snare drum. It's made by Dynamic, which most people I say that too haven't even heard of. Besides the point. It really is a piece of crap, the snare mechanism squeaks whenever I adjust it, even if I put grease or oil on it, at every joint. To top it off I can't get the drum to give me a sound anywhere near what I want, so that angers me further. Next, the final straw, a lug strips at band practice, that's alright though, I managed to take a lug off a different drum. But then another lug strips. I replace it. Another strips. Replaced. I went through the entire snare, until finally I used all the parts I had available to me from the old drum.
Another lug strips.

I'm almost convinced that this snare drum, being the piece of garbage it is, has long outlived it's life expectancy. So I need a solution.
If I were to SOMEHOW rectify the drum, is there a way to get a nice sound out of it. And if I were to buy a new snare... Any ideas? I was thinking of a piccolo, but wasn't sure. I hate that fat, wet sound. I want a nice crack out of my snare with a little bit of ring. Any suggestions? Anyone?

P.S. My price range is 200-300 dollars.

Let me know.

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Level 17 - Double Paradiddle

guss is on a distinguished road

Re: Snare Drum

Fire cracker(keep the old one for decoration or memoribilia, thats if u still like it) also a dryer head might help the sound(evans web sight will have a graph for tuning ranges of heads).