Warning: Illegal string offset 'rows' in [path]/geek/gars/mods/display/attachments.php on line 15
Mapex QR Kit - Drum and Drum Set Reviews
drums drum set drummer

Drums resource and community for the online drummer
  The time is now 11:50 AM GMT -4.  
Search Drum Set Connect:

Site Features
Drum Forum
Drum Lessons
Drum Reviews
Drum Kit Photos
Shop
Drum T-Shirts
Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Reviews > Drum and Drum Set Reviews

Comment

Review Tools Display Modes
Mapex QR Kit
Mapex QR Kit
Published by StickBreaker16
02-08-2008
Mapex QR Kit

I didnt know Mapex as a really well known brand. Ive always heard of Pearl, or Tama, or DW. I got a Mapex QR set because it was the only one they had at the music store and It looked really good and it was cheap. To this day I am still happy with it. If only I had the bucks to spend to get more drums. Mapex does offer a 10" Tom extention on their website but I dont know of any other additions.
Author review
Features
80%80%80%
Quality
80%80%80%
Value
80%80%80%
Overall
80%80%80%
Average 80%

By bippy58 on 12-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Member reviews
Features
10%10%10%
Quality
10%10%10%
Value
10%10%10%
Overall
10%10%10%
Average 10%
Re: Mapex QR Kit

try this site Center Stage M there is alot of info dedicated to mapex and there is a link to the mapex super store. this whole site is dedicated to mapex and if you need info to expand your kit someone on this site can steer you in the right direction.
By jb4ever78 on 12-11-2009, 05:53 PM

I actually own a Mapex QR series; the Peacock Blue Swirl edition. The drums are actually well-honorable and pleasing. If you are quite picky about tonality and resonance like I am, then these drums allow you to modify them with ease. My only problem with this particular series is that it discontinues a particular offer whether its via color, or extension. Unfortunately, I've only had my set for 2 years and they don't produce my series anymore as far as color. I was trying to find a 16x16 floor tom to complete my set..... Overall, it's a great set!
By Buddy on 01-15-2010, 12:06 PM

If you can get out and play them, sometimes you can mix toms and addons together. If you can tune. I mixed some of my tamas with a few pearls and it sounds fine. Just replace the heads and tune it....FOREVER!!
By Cymbals & Snares on 04-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Member reviews
Features
70%70%70%
Quality
90%90%90%
Value
90%90%90%
Overall
90%90%90%
Average 85%

My Comment is about mapex overall. I play a mars series kit. It's the grandfather of the meridian kits, which replaced the pro M kits. The Mars series kits were before the Pro M kits. My Kit is about 8 years old now. Mapex was a much lesser known company at the time. hard to find an actual kit in a store. But every online review and anyone who had played/seen these mapex had nothing but good to say about them. At the time they were in the process of Phasing out the Mars pro kits for the Pro M kits. An online company has some unbelieveable prices on the mars pro kits. The Pro M kits had some definite upgrades to it. One being all maple as the mars pro's were not. But considering I was upgrading from an absolute grabage first generation pearl export kit. It was a leap of epic proportions. After bringing the online add to Sam ash and Guitar center and being treated very poorly at both places. I made my first major online purchase a Mapex Mars pro Kit IN transparent midnight black. I still use that kit today. Although mapex has moved up the pecking order there are a number of companies that have used that mapex mould to build a name for themselves. Taye, Peace and cadeson all come to mind. Building drums as subcontractors for years for the big boys all three have decided to market their own brand. My next purchase I will certainly look at what thse three companies have to offer and to see how my wallet feels after the purchase. Which will inevitably have more jing in it than purchasing a kit from one of the Ubercompanies. T eBay Store - Cymbals and Snares: Cymbals, Drum Sticks, Drumheads
By BluesGuy on 11-14-2013, 09:28 PM

I have a 2014 Mapex Meridian jazz set 20" bass drum,51/2 x 14 snare 10 lug,10,12 and 14 toms. I put on Remo Skyntone heads all around and love the new sound,great for my jazz quartet and I swap out the snare to my Mapex Black Panther with Remo coated Weather Beater for my blues/rock band.
Comment

Review Tools