Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Level 0 - Pick up the sticks!

Dawillies is on a distinguished road

Talking The next new guy

Hello to one and all in the great great cyber universe of the DRUMSET CONNECTION! It's me, Willy! I just found this place by doing a search for a cymbal. Great site! Glad to be here!!! This is the basic intro I do on other sites. And he it goes...My favorite drum set was my first kit, a Rogers WMP Holiday with a 20 Kick, a 12 Tom, a 16 Floor, and a Powertone metal Snare. It was circa 1971 Fullerton Era. It came with everything out of the box including great Rogers SS cymbals by Azco of Canada. The cymbals were 20" Ride and 14" hats. The Ride was on an L-Arm mounted to the BASS. Oh how I miss that kit? I messed that kit up by putting a double mount on it to add a non Rogers Tom Tom. Ah, the stupidity of youth and the need for a Tom. I've made a promise to myself to find one exactly the same before I die!
Well I've lived many lives. Done everything from Film Restoration, film collecting, collecting in general, worked in records stores, donated the only copies of two lost films to the American Film Institute. I was on the road with many friends from 90 to 97. It was great and got to see many national parks in between shows. I have sold out of the back room of every family business musical instruments. I've lived many lives and it's been a an awesome journey. For many years I've been doing custom world class Turkish cymbals. I'm real interested in learning about the drum building process and love all those custom kits I see at shows. I am very busy with family and a site like this is for me to learn about drummers worldwide and possible lend hospitality to members visiting my neck of the woods. I also can be very helpful to the professional that needs advice at trade shows or conventions. But my main objective is to learn, share, and relax.
I try to play as much as I can. My favorite bands are Jojo Gunne, Spirit, Hendrix, Old Pre Murcury Records SCORPIONS on RCA with Ulrich Roth on Guitar, UFO, MSG, Michael Schenker, The Who, Jeff Beck, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Green Day, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.
Drum influences are Ringo Starr, Ginger Baker, Michael Shrieve, Tony Williams...
Also I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate these types of sites. I only use the computer to work and then go to drum sites and read up about what's new, topics, etc. I'm computer stupid so laugh all you want. I also only type with one finger. STOP LAUGHING! I skipped or was never offered that class in High School. So it is a great pleasure to be
here. Thanks again and best wishes

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

sara is on a distinguished road

Re: The next new guy

WELCOME DAWILLIES.. nice intro..enjoy posting..

Old 05-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Level 0 - Pick up the sticks!

Dawillies is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: The next new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara View Post
WELCOME DAWILLIES.. nice intro..enjoy posting..
Thanks! It's 4a.m. and I'm finally geting back! thanks for having me!-Willy

Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

sara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawillies View Post
Thanks! It's 4a.m. and I'm finally geting back! thanks for having me!-Willy
welcome.. keep on posting...enjoy!!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 AM

skinslapper is on a distinguished road

Gotta love a good Willy.

Nice to meet you. So what bands have you been playing with?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

philadrumphonic is on a distinguished road

Nice intro Willy. Hopefully you don't drum with just one finger. Haha. You said you "do world class Turkish cymbals." Does that mean you make them? You work for a company or are you independant?