Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Old 05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

SanManCo128 is on a distinguished road

Howdy...

Hey All,

I'm normally found on the Pearl Drummer's Forum as SanMan. I like pretty much all kinds of music, can tolerate some, and can't stand others. I think I fit in with all of you by saying that!

Anywho, about my "drumset..."

Well, I can sum it up by it looks pretty good in my imagination, considering that I don't have one, as of now.

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Level 2 - Single Stroke Four

philadrumphonic is on a distinguished road

Re: Howdy...

Hey I've got one of those imaginary drumsets too! Well, in addition to the one I own. I have several imaginary kits actually, and an imaginary bigger house with a home studio to keep them in. Haha. Hang in there. What kit are you dreaming of?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

sara is on a distinguished road

Welcome Sanman, Keep on Dreaming!! haha

Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 AM

Well, it was like that one that guy in the pants was playing...

I believe it was a Pearl Drumset, thinking Masterworks + a Pearl Popcorn snare in the mix... either Sabian, Zildjian, or another brand of cymbals that this forum keeps underlining...lol...and either a 4 or 6 piece set...

Or a 4-piece DW Jazz series...not sure of the finish of either kit...with DW hardware, cymbal stands with dog bones attached to them. Same cymbals as above...

Yeah, I own several imaginary drumsets, but my all time fav. one is the one that I "air drum" to...lol...

But either will have some kind of drumset timbales with them, I'm thinking...wow!

Just don't take a hammer and knock down my dream, lol!

Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Are you talking about that guy with the pants that are made out of that stuff? He does have an awesome kit!

I wouldn't hammer down your dreams. I honestly don't think I own a hammer big enough to get that one anyway. That'd be a lot of work. Haha. I take it you're more of a jazz/latin/fusion player? I used to dream about a Mapex Orion Classic when I was a kid. Now a days, I know how much nice kits cost so I just stare and drool. Price tags are a huge turnoff. I'm happy with my Pacific kit for all current intents and purposes... except when I see a highschool kid, who's just picking up his first pair of sticks, with a better set than me. Makes me want to shake his/her parents. I digress.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 AM

Oh, so you know who I meant. I think he was the guy in the pants made out of that stuff, and sometimes he wears glasses...but when he's wearing contacts, he also wears his shades too...and I believe he wears a different hat each day...yeah...I know him very well...not sure where we met though...

I actually like a lot of different kinds of music. Some I like a lot more than others. I like jazz, too. And I love me some drums/percussion/cymbals...

But in 7th grade band, I started off on clarinet, then in 8th grade I played bass clarinet...

I wanted to start off on drums, and so did my band director, who, go figure is a drummer himself (except, for the fact, he can play every wind, brass, and percussion instrument ever made...but he loves his drumset...lol). But my Mom said no, and that there was "enough noise" or "too much noise" in the house as it is...

So, luckily, I got march with cymbals in 10th grade, march with the 3rd out of 4 bass drums, and played whatever in the pit section my last year. In case you're wondering...9th grade - marched with clarinet, and concert band from 9th to 11th grade on bass clarinet, and 12th grade concert band on percussion...

There, you have most of my life history....lol!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 AM

It's good you have to have experience in a pitched instrument besides drums. It gives you working knowledge of scales, chords, and such. If you are focusing on strictly percussion now, I would strongly recommend getting comfortable with a piano. It widens your potential by allowing you to communicate with the other musicians in your band in terms they understand and to contribute in writing music. And it should be a snap for you since you can already read music. I wish I had learned piano before college. That was rough, but totally worth it. And remember, a drummers famous last words before getting kicked out of the band are "Ok guys, now let's try one of MY songs."