Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Play the Drums - Drum Talk

Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

Church Drummer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Church Drummer

What Do You Think of This Kit

Great looking set, would like to hear how they sound. I bet they sound as sweet as they look

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Level 12 - Eleven Stroke Roll

slingerland is on a distinguished road

Re: Wh do you think of this kit

Tainojim I sent you 3 messages on your kit I don't understand why you didn't receive them.
I said that you have a KNOCKOUT BEAUTIFUL SET you should be very proud if ever I get back to BROOKLYN I'm going to have to stop by for a Paradiddle or two and I have put you on my Buddy list. Hope to hear from you SLINGERLAND

Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM

Tainojim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tainojim

Mr. Church, thanks for the complement.

You ever here that little Bose table top radio? This kit is something like that. Their great for both studio and stage.

Mr. Slingerland will have the privilege to take them for a test drive when he comes home to "Brooklyn, N.Y" for a visit. The Dodger's Baseball Team, original home. Also known as "The Brooklyn Bums" at one time, before being railroaded to California.

I know I'm getting off the subject a little, but it ticks me off that the team had to leave because the mayor stated there was no money to build a new stadium and couldn't afford two baseball teams in the same city.

Some years later, in another borough, Queens got the Mets. This was an insult to the Brooklynites. The Yankees got a new stadium, the Mets are getting a new stadium.

The stock exchange ran out of room in Manhattan and built Metrotech (The little wall street of Brooklyn) just down town of Brooklyn.

Meanwhile their making people move because that's causing real estate to sky rocket.

So here's a little history that will never be printed.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeykookey View Post
I need new underpants.
Hey man I noticed your mini me. Good looking kid, Must Take After The Mother.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

Darkside is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Darkside

Wow, incredible!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Level 6 - Double Stroke Open Roll

Phil Gaynor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainojim View Post
Flickr: tainojim's Photostream

Click on the link above to see my drums.

Contents: Gretsch USA Custom 6ply with gts suspension with rosewood lacquer finish.
7x8, 8x10, 9x12, 5x14, 4x14 (stee)12x14, 14x16, 16x20 x2, Ludwig 18x16 floor tom ( for that extra Humph)
All the drums with SKB Cases.
Double Gibraltar racks with ball type clamps including extension racks & 2 Rack Bags.
Zildjians:
Avedis New Beat Hi-Hat Top and Bottom 14"
Custom Sizzle Ride 20"
Medium Thin Crash 16"
Custom Splash 12"
Custom Splash 8"
Custom Crash Ride 18"
Oriental China 16"
Oriental China 14"
Small 4"& Large 6"Cow bells
Yes I know Slingerland59 mentions a 10" splash some where in the forum. Been giving it some thought to go to the store and try one out.
I would look forward to adding some other cymbals for that flat response like Paiste brands also some roto drums.
It's alright I suppose :0) - Mad Jealous – man – The problem is kits like that this side of the Pond would cost be my right leg and I need that for my bass work – it is the biz – congrats no doubt a life time of hard work to get to that point.

I came across the wackiest cymbal if that’s what you could call it a local Music Shop called Xmusic based in Dublin sell this modern stuff made from a company called Iron Works or steel works or something – I was looking for a mounted tambourine to do the Sex on Fire cover by Kings of Leon and ended up buying this thing a 6” black death star looking object – two oeaces of steel with tambourine fittings in the middle of it – mounts onto a cymbal stand – only cost me 30 euro – haven’t decided if I love it or hate it yet – will upload a photo sometime soon.
Anyway love it man – great stuff – one of these days, !! / Phil.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

Re: What do you think of this kit

Hey Jim what kind of rack is that on your set?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland View Post
Hey Tainojim I saw your set and it is knockout beautiful, I'm thinking of buying another set in the future I thought of Gretsch, DW, Sonor what you could do is let me know if there are other models of Gretsch or the names of Gretsch models that are made in America other than the model that you have. I would like to look them up on line so far I think Sonor is at the top of my list, any help would be appreciated. PS I SURE MISS BROOKLYN
SLINGERLAND
Since I saw your profile, something like this is a real show stopper, if you will, where you are. This one is a Custom the other one made in the U.S is the Renown.

I'm not prejudice about brand names. Ludwig USA Custom (Birch) is my other preference.
DW's are also great. Never tried the Sonor line.

The type of music you play has allot to do with choice and needs.

For example this kit is actually set up for a variety of music depending on whose sitting on the throne, like: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Industrial, Big Band, Classical, well you get the picture.

The sound is quite outstanding, if I do say so myself, like that Bose table top radio. It's the only way I can describe what it sounds like.

I've had some other drummers try them, even some of my son's friends. They also wish they could afford to get a kit like it.

I'm not trying to give the wrong impression. I've worked very hard all my life and feel that I've earned it.

Getting back to the drums themselves, Gretsch has brought back that 60's sound and that's the bottom line.

Last edited by Tainojim; 04-08-2009 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trommler View Post
Hey Jim what kind of rack is that on your set?
I have two Gibraltar GRS-350C curved racks complemented with additional curved and and straight extensions and posts.

Hi-Hat stands 9607NL-DP no leg hi-hat base and the 9607NL-LD, depending on what I'm playing.
Snare baskets: 9606 Ultra adjustable snare stand and the 9606NL, again depending on what I'm playing.
Cymbal Stands: three 8609 boom stands. the other stands insert into the posts.
Accessories: like the SC-BCSA Boom cymbal stackers. ABS super lock inserts. Two point cymbal booms.

Ball type drum mounts. The are great for the Gretsh GTS suspension, like if they were made for each other.

Can't get all the info in here, but you get the idea. It's quite ergonomic friendly.

Last edited by Tainojim; 04-08-2009 at 03:21 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 PM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

I was curious about the manufacturer. What do you think of the Gibraltar rack, does it hold everything securely? Do the clamps keep the drums and cymbals from moving or turning ok?