Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Play the Drums - Drum Talk

Old 02-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

Luke is on a distinguished road

Re: How did you choose drums as your instrument? How did you get behind a drumset?

Butter so portnoy is really gonna play for A7x now? That sounds like a great combination! Even though portnoy isnt the rev I think it will be just as good drumming just a little different style

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Level 23 - Flamacue

butter is on a distinguished road

Re: How did you choose drums as your instrument? How did you get behind a drumset?

actually luke, i personally dont think its a great combination :redface:
no one can replace the rev, even if it is in the studio. i dunno if he recorded demos or something that portnoy can learn and play, but if not, and portnoy is writing the parts, i think it will be a whole new A7X... that could be a good thing, but we will see. it just doesnt sound too good to me

Old 02-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

Paulo is on a distinguished road

For me, drums are the only thing I can really lose myself in for hours and come away feeling renewed and fulfilled. I've tried piano, guitar, bass, clarinet (lol). Not to mention about 30 non musical related hobbies and interests. They've all added to my life and enriched it, but drums are like an extension of my heartbeat. Yeah, its cheezy but sue me, lol. The first time I sat down on a set it was like a hit of crack (actually I smoked crack once and it really wasn't that spectacular, drums are way better) and the only way I can chase that dragon is to keep playing and getting better and better.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:08 PM

dtxtremeiiispecial is on a distinguished road

Paulo,
Drumming is different from absolutely everything else because it's got rhythm, rhythm that coming out of you. The rhythm's always in you, but when playing, you just open that part of yourself up. Nothin' like it.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Level 11 - Ten Stroke Roll

Buddy is on a distinguished road

I forget the rest of the world when I play them. that is untill people start complaining1

Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 PM

dtxtremeiiispecial is on a distinguished road

Has that ever really happened? People complaining about drummers playing drums?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

Oh ya.

I have two other drummers very close (backyard neighbor and his next door neighbor) and it always seems that if one of us hears the other(s) practicing we jump in and practice ourselves. You should hear the noise! Man the phone starts ringing and the complaining begins then.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Level 5 - Triple Stroke Roll

cooldrummer95 is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: How did you choose drums as your instrument? How did you get behind a drumset?

i had played all sports, been a boy scout, everything. i had taken piano lessons in my early years, was really excelling but didn't like it, i wanted to play guitar. in about 7th grade i got a guitar and tried it and i still play it regularly, but at the end of 7th grade my mom was hasseling me about being in a school club or organization, i didn't want to play sports or be in a club, and one of my friends was in the band and said "why don't 'yall try out for drumline" to me and my other friends and we all did and i made it unexpectedly and it just came naturally to me. i soon bought a used beginner drum set of ebay and it only escalated from there.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

Paulo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtxtremeiiispecial View Post
Has that ever really happened? People complaining about drummers playing drums?
Yeah, they're called "neighbors" lol.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Level 3 - Single Stroke Seven

Golden_Child27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Golden_Child27

Uncle is a killer drummer; gave me a snare with an attached crash cymbal in 5th grade, played for three years under his wing/michael savage (CT), then took like 10 years off and started back up this last fall!