Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drummer Introductions and Promotions > Drummer Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Level 18 - Triple Paradiddle

xxvenom13xx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xxvenom13xx Send a message via Skype™ to xxvenom13xx

Re: Hey guys(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc54 View Post
Hey venom!

I am really fascinated by the various reasons young drummers pick the sets they do, how they aquire them, and what their playing experience is like. I take part in an charitable organization (The Foundation for Aspiring Musicians) where I work with alot of kids. Being a drummer myself, I work mostly with drummers like you. Anyway, after reading your postings above, I went to the PDP website to check out their products. Nice Drums! What model PDP set do you have? I know you mentioned the 'CX' model but I could not find it listed. Could you find out which model it is for sure, and tell us a bit about how you became a drummer and the set you play? What do you like about it? What do you dislike? What set do you dream of getting? Do you plan on making your drumming a career? Sorry to be so nosy, but always interested in stuff like this.
My set is a CX; I believe they don't make it anymore.

I became a drummer just because I felt like it; the other instruments didn't seem appealing to me.
My set is an awesome 5-piece CX(color is Blue Onyx). I use Zildjian ZBT's and am hoping to get a Zildjian Oriental Trash China 14" and a Z3 Mega Bell 21" ride for graduation.

I like playing drums because you can jam out and not sound bad(: Ha. But in all seriousness it's relaxing. I don't like having my boyfriend as competition because he's a drummer too.

I dream of getting a PDP X7 Series set with like...14 different cymbals(preferably Zildjian if I can afford them). And some Vic Firth rutes would be nice too. I don't plan on making drumming a career, but I will definitely stay in it.

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

deanc54 is on a distinguished road

Hi venom,

Sounds like you are pretty accomplished percissionist, but you are a women of few words (just sayin'). Do you feel like responding to the questions I had in the previous posting? It's OK if you don't care to,...just curious. Any insight I can get from experienced young percussionists like you is very valuable to me 'cause it helps me alot to relate to the younger participants in our Foundation who share a similar experience. If you are curious about the Foundation, you can see what we are all about by googling 'The Foundation for Aspiring Musicians'.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 PM

Hey venom,

Looks like we had posts crossing cyberspace like ships in the night, so I thought you had not responded to my previous post. Looks like you have a real wish list going on, for cymbals and the like. I sure hope your dreams come true. I use the Vic Firth rutes and really like them alot. You will too. I play Sabian XS20's and have a 7 pc. TAMA Starclassic Performer B/B set. Sounds like your PDP's are awesome, I'll check them out on the PDP site if I can. Thanks for the info! Keep rockin! You know, perhaps if you didn't consider your boyfriend as competition, but rather as someone you can share drumming skills with it would be pretty cool. It always helps to grow with each other instead of against (again,..just sayin!).

Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 PM

Ha. Well me and my boyfriend are actually going to have a drum-off soon so it's competition right now!
I just started playing set again after a two year break because of certain things and I'm coming back with a vengeance(:
Dude if I got those cymbals that would make my year! Ha

Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Hey venom!

So what happens after the 'drum off', and who is going to be the judge?' You may find that there can't be a real 'winner'. To be honest with you, I gave up thinking much about being better or worse than other drummers. We all have our own style of playing, and each of us has a particular set of skills that are unique to our craft. If you really want to learn that particaulr beat, rythym or riff from another drummer, sometimes a bit of the old humble goes a long way. It's fun to have competitions to challenge yourself, but try not to take it too seriously for now.

So,..what is stopping you from getting the cymbals anyway? Choose a goal, make a plan and stick to it. Manifest to yourself that it WILL happen. You'll have those cymbals in no time.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Well, getting money saved for college is stopping me right now. I attend this fall.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 AM

Tainojim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tainojim

Education is the backbone of life. Stick with it, you won't regret it.

After you graduate, you'll be a much better and smarter drummer.

The Best of Luck to you. You've made a wise choice.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:06 AM

dtxtremeiiispecial is on a distinguished road

Yeah, venom13. I make an appointment with a therapist every time I find myself agreeing with Tainojim, and I just made the phone call for this time.

Education is the way to go.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM

Yeah(:

I'm actually going to try to make an all-girl drumline where I attend!
And I'm also going to be in Wake Forest's marching band in their drumline so yeeeah.
But I'm not going to be a music major.

Language is my other lover(:
Going for German and International Relations.
Whoo!
Ha

Old 05-23-2010, 05:54 PM

dtxtremeiiispecial is on a distinguished road

Sounds like fireworks displays follow you wherever you go!

Closed Thread