Premium Membership
Get in Touch
Advertise
Link to us
Contact us
Sponsors
Find Drums

Links

Go Back   Drum Forum at Drum Set Connect > Drum Forums - All About Drums > Cymbals

Old 06-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

drumn00b is on a distinguished road

Ufip?

Hey forum. I've seen a few posts here about Ufip, the cymbal company, but nothing major. Just a few mentions. Does anyone here use and Ufip cymbals? If so, how do you like them. I'm looking to replace my Sabian B8 hat's, which are crap, and I came by some Ufip class series 13" hats, that look pretty good, for about $180. Would you think this is a fair price?

Old Sponsors
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Level 4 - Multiple Bounce Roll

Cymbals & Snares is on a distinguished road

Re: Ufip?

UFIP are fantastic, quality cymbals. I so wish to add a few to my personal collection. A freind had some UFIP's and those were really nice well made quality cymbals. The looked great but most importantly they sounded fantastic. Going from a B8 sheet stamped cymbal to a Roto cast B20 cymbal is quite an upgrade. Good for you. FWIW, UFIP is the only cymbal company in the world that uses the "Roto Casting system". Go for it.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Level 10 - Nine Stroke Roll

drumn00b is on a distinguished road

Ya I'm really happy with my choice, and also happy to get rid of my B8s.... they don't sound a little.... off

Old 07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Level 0 - Pick up the sticks!

ZackVT is on a distinguished road

UFIP is an Italian cymbal company. They are well made, great sounding, great looking cymbals, but they can be expensive. If all you want is a great sound I know you can find something comparable for less. I wouldn't say don't buy them but do some good hard research before you invest, and if you test a cymbal at the store at least bring your other cymbals with you so you can hear how it sounds with the rest of the crew. Almost all music stores will let you do that, just make sure to tell them you brought your own before they get confused.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Level 1 - Single Stroke Roll

jeff_r0x is on a distinguished road

I use UFIP. I now have four, a 21" Bionic heavy Ride, and 17" Bionic crash, and two 10" splashes. Love, love, love them. They've turned me into a cymbal addict, and I can hardly wait to replace my remaining Zildjian and Sabian pies.

Yes, they may seem spendy, especially if you are in the States. Imports usually are, which is why Paiste tends to have a higher price point than Zildjian. But remember, these are all hand hammered, so compare them to the price of a K or HH. They seem to have something for everyone. A set of Class series hats is definitely a good place to start and that price is not bad for some second hand hats. I've seen them much higher. You can always sit and wait for a crazy deal on Ebay, like the set of Bionic 14" hats that were listed as Buy It Now for $99, but you may need to wait a few more months before that kind of deal appears.

I say go for it and don't look back. In my opinion, a Class or Class Brilliant cymbal makes a comparable Zildjian A Custom sound primitive.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 AM

BackStreet Drums is on a distinguished road

You may not have to 'import' them.

I know of a USA retailer that stocks and sells. Would post, but may be viewed by Mods as spam.

So if interested, send me a PM, and I will pass along the link

(I am in no way connected with them, discovered them as a retailer of Soultone cymbals, which I am buying)

Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackStreet Drums View Post
You may not have to 'import' them.

I know of a USA retailer that stocks and sells. Would post, but may be viewed by Mods as spam.

So if interested, send me a PM, and I will pass along the link

(I am in no way connected with them, discovered them as a retailer of Soultone cymbals, which I am buying)
Well the buyer won't have to "import" them, but the point is that someone does, creating a slightly higher price. Jamie Gales Music is the North American distributor. He can always help someone locate the closest retailer, as they are being added every month and the UFIP website may not be updated quite as often.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 AM

Der Trommler is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with someone posting a link to a retailer unless I see it pop up in multiple spots.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM

BackStreet Drums is on a distinguished road

Cool, thanks Der.

Here is the link for anyone interested. They seem to specialize in a varied mix of well-knowns.

For the record, I am in no way associated with them and only mention in hopes of helping out 'family' members

Best Cymbals | Largest selection at the lowest prices

Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 AM

Well, the local shop to me that has them is Drums 2 Go in Orlando. (407) 306-0611 They don't have an online store, but I am sure they would be happy to ship to you. Plus they are pretty fair in price.

Shane is a super cool guy. He said he loves selling UFIP because the customers don't fuss over them like the other brands. People call and ask what he has in stock, then they just show up and buy them. If he doesn't have them in stock he said he can get them pretty quickly, as I understand that the distributor is keeping a pretty good supply of everything these days.

UFIP are awesome pies. Right now I'm looking to replace my 18" and 20" Zildjian crashes with Class or Brilliant series ones.